CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

As Promised- Pics of Girls Getaway Weekend

 These are two little gift bags that I bought at The Dollar Tree.  They come in a package of 12 in the wedding section.  I layered pink cardstock with black and white paper on the front and back of each of the gift bags.  The letters are alphabet brads.  In each bag was a small tube of lotion and a pink, black and white bracelet that I made for each of them. 

CHOCOLATE!   You can not have a  Girls Getaway Weekend without chocolate, and you must have these candy bars especially wrapped for your girls.  I took off the original wrapper and used it as a pattern to cut the paper I wanted to use.  Then I wrapped a piece of sheer ribbon around the candy bar.  Finally I added a stamped bird to a scalloped punched circle and attached it to the ribbon. 

As I was preparing for this special weekend, everywhere I went I had my eyes open for pink/black/white items.  I think it's safe to say that I know where almost every pink/black/white item is that exists in Wal-Mart.  I know the candy, cookies, lotions, soaps, drinks, etc. that might have fit my color theme.  I was starting to drive myself and son crazy- he accompanied me on a few shopping adventures.  I promised they would be quick but they rarely were!
You can see that this is a bottle of flavored water with a hanger on the front of it.  I started with a 4" x 11" piece of black cardstock.  I scored it at 2 1/2" and 3".  I turned up the 3" section and used mini brads to hold it in place.  I think the felt flower on the front was a nice addition.  Then of course, I found pink gum with black writing on the package.  I had no idea what flavor it was, but the colors were right!

0 comments:

Post a Comment